How does MetaScan work?
METASCAN performs “mecahnical functional analysis and diagnosis from images” cuptured by different types of devices and sources of energy (CT, X-Ray, Magnetic Resonance, etc). From this analysis it offers a diagnostic of the current functional situation (diseases and/or malfunctions) and the steps necessaries to regulate the given situation presenting the results via text and images.
Advantages of the system
• Passivity of the patient: it is not precise to count on the collaboration of the patient.
Only the image of study is needed and no stress proofs (biopsies) are needed
• Simplicity and short duration of each study (15 seconds, some minutes if doctors want
to work with the images) what makes possible the accomplishment of massive studies.
• It uses something of common use: images got from different devices (X-ray, CT, Magnetic
• It replaces a group of stressful and costly tests applied nowadays in Hospitals; reason
why it simplifies the obtaining of the report on the interested studied function and it
reduces drastically the time and the economic cost associated while increases the
efficiency of the doctor and the quality of life of the patients.
• It qualitatively changes the way of study and, consequently, the attitude towards
• TAC, X-Rays, Magnetic Resonance, etc.
• Automatic Analysis
• Report via Text and/or Images
The fundamental element of METASCAN is the “Artificial Intelligence Expert System” developed in order to automatically get diagnostics from analysis of images. Currently METASCAN has been, so far, specialized in the following functional diagnoses:
• METASCAN Pulmonary Function
• METASCAN Brain Function
• METASCAN Bone Function
• METASCAN Cellular Division Cycle Function (Cancer)
The fundamental element of METASCAN is the “Artificial Intelligence Expert System” developed in order to automatically get diagnostics from analysis of images.
However, and additionally, a digital Artificial Vision processor of images has been exclusively created and included in METASCAN to make transformations that will bring out certain details or little evident characteristics do not perceived from the image in its normal state.
This tool has been also design to allow their users (doctors, engineers, etc.) to define their own particular image filters.
Medical imaging enviroment of MetaScan defined by modalities and technologies
• COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CT)
• MAGNETIC RESONANCE(MR)
• NUCLEAR IMAGING
• POSITION EMISSION TOMOGRAPHY (PET)
• ULTRASOUND (US)
• COMPUTER HARDWARE
• COMPUTER SOFTWARE
• DATA COMPRESSION
• DATA TRANSMISSION
• DATA STORAGE
• EXPERT SYSTEMS
• NEURONAL NETWORKS
• SCANNER EQUIPMENT
What is MetaScan?
It is a automated and computerized system of diagnosis